The Recommended Average Water Intake for a Healthy Adult - Woman - water intake for adult woman

Category

water intake for adult woman - Daily Water Intake Calculator - How much Should You Drink


Sep 06, 2017 · The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine determined that an adequate daily fluid intake is: About 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluids for men About 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of fluids a day for women. Appropriate Fluid Intake. A good goal for healthy women is to drink around 6 to 8 servings a day of 8 ounces of fluid, according to the American Lung Association. Try filling a jug or water pitcher each morning with all of the fluid that you are supposed to drink to help you reach your goal.

Get the Facts: Drinking Water and Intake. In 2005-2010, U.S. youth drank an average of 15 ounces of water and U.S. adults drank an average of 39 ounces of water on a given day. 7,8 Among U.S. youth, plain water intake is lower in younger children, non-Hispanic black, Mexican-American. Adult men who live in temperate climates should consume about 13 cups of water from all beverages, and adult women need about 9 cups. These recommendations include water from all beverages, and account for about 80 percent of total water needs. The other 20 percent is obtained from food sources.

Preteen and teen girls generally have the same daily water requirements as adult women. Preteen and teen athletes, however, may need to increase their water intake to prevent dehydration. They can be especially susceptible to dehydration because of their lower body weight. The required water intake for adult men and women is 3.7 and 2.7 liters per day.3.9/5(114).

The daily water intake calculator factors in the daily activity level to counter the body water lost during exercise. It is recommended that you drink 16 ounces of water for . Assuming these percentages are accurate for most of us, the recommended amount of beverages, including water, would be approximately 9 cups for women and 12.5 cups for men.Author: Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD, LD.